Eat more varied and healthy, get enough rest, stay hydrated, distract yourself to maintain good stress management so you can have beautiful hair.
In order to have healthy and strong hair, as well as beautiful skin and nails, it is essential to maintain a balanced diet , in which there is sufficient variety and quantities of the different food groups, in addition to good hydration. Now, in a complementary way, could onion juice help in any way? Let’s see it below.
Food and supplements
As we mentioned before, a balanced diet contributes to the health of the mane and, of course, its growth. Now consuming onion juice alone is not enough to accomplish this goal, nor is it to prevent alopecia or prevent hair from becoming brittle and brittle.
However, including this juice in moderation, in a complementary way, could help us to have healthy hair. Of course, it is necessary to maintain other good habits and use the hair care products suitable for our type (greasy, dry, mixed, wavy, smooth, etc.).
- You should extract the juice from a couple of onions and apply it to the scalp with gentle massages, as if it were a rinse or a cream bath. Let it act for a few minutes (between 3 and 10) and wash your hair with plenty of warm water.
- To make the juice, peel two or three onions and cut them into slices. Then add a little water and process everything until you get a homogeneous mixture. Don’t add too much water so there isn’t too much liquid.
- Another method to extract the juice would be to grate the onion. However, the previous option is the most comfortable.
- To apply it, you can do it directly by hand or by soaking a cotton ball or gauze and applying it gently to the hair.
- Remember that the smell is quite strong, therefore, it is recommended that you apply it in the evening, on a day when you are not going to leave the house.
- There are those who choose to add some extra ingredient to their juice, so that it does not have such a strong odor. Some options are: oatmeal drink , honey and avocado. Choose the one you like the most!
- It is not necessary to apply onion juice every day, although according to popular wisdom, the ideal would be to apply it at least once a week.
- Keep in mind that onion juice alone is not going to make you look pretty. Therefore, always have it as a complement to a healthy lifestyle.
- In case you have sensitive skin or a specific condition, consult your dermatologist before applying this juice or any other natural remedy, to prevent irritation and discomfort.
- If instead of applying it to the hair you prefer to ingest the juice, keep in mind that it will have a strong flavor and that you will surely have to soften it with some other ingredient, such as the ones mentioned above.
- Never add baking soda , lemon or vinegar to your homemade hair masks, as these ingredients only dry out and mistreat the hair as well as the scalp.
According to popular wisdom, this is a long-term remedy. Therefore, it would have to be applied regularly over a long period of time in order for it to provide its benefits. At this point, we remind you that, along with its application (or intake), you should always maintain a balanced and varied diet, as well as other good lifestyle habits.