Performing stretches not only allows us to avoid contractures and muscle pain, but it is a great way to complement exercise and lose weight.
Did you know that there are some stretching exercises that will help you lose weight? Although we believe that stretching does not lose weight, it all depends on the exercises we do. Today we are going to discover some of the most effective and their variants. So you have no more excuses for not being fit!
The stretches that we are going to talk about are sure that you have already done them on some occasion. However, we recommend that you always accompany them with some exercise , such as jogging or walking a little so that losing weight is much more effective.
Stretch the cufflinks
One of the stretching exercises that will help you lose weight is stretching the calves . Something fundamental, especially, to avoid cramps. We have a wide variety of options to carry out this stretch. Let’s see some of them:
- Take a stride forward: We will take a large stride keeping your feet flat on the ground and your back straight. We will flex the front leg, making the calf stretch. We will not lift the heel at any time – otherwise the stretch will be lost.
- Foot in flex: Sitting and with the legs stretched we will put the feet in flex, that is, instead of pointing , we will pull the foot towards the leg until it is in a vertical position . We will notice how the twin stretches and we can try to touch the balls of the feet with our hands. This will enhance it.
Stretch your back
Stretching your back is another of the stretching exercises that will help you lose weight . For this, we also have several options. Let’s see some of the most effective:
- The Cobra: This pose is performed face down, putting your hands at chest level and raising the trunk while we stretch our arms and look at the ceiling. We will try to lower the pelvis to the floor and keep the shoulders relaxed .
- Cow and Cat Posture: Standing on four supports, with relaxed shoulders, we will bring our backs up tightening our glutes. Then we will do the opposite. We will bring the head up and the buttocks will push them out.
Stretch the legs
Another type of stretching exercises that will help you lose weight have to do with the legs. In this case, we are also going to see some options that will help us a lot in our goal of losing weight:
- Half twist: We sit on the floor with our legs stretched out. We are going to fold one of them and we are going to cross it over the other, at the same time that we twist our body. We can use one hand to put pressure on the knee of the flexed leg .
- Lateral displacement: Standing, we will stretch one leg to one side while flexing the other. It has to be at a 90 degree angle. We must make sure that the foot of the leg that is stretched is completely supported on the ground .
- Quadriceps: We will stand up and hold a foot with the hand, bringing it to the buttock . When we bring it more towards the buttock, we will notice a greater stretch.
Stretch the arms
Now, we are going to focus on the last of the stretching exercises that will help you lose weight. Let’s see some ways to do it:
- Triceps: Standing, we are going to stretch our arms up and bend the elbow of one of them. We are going to hold it with the hand of the opposite arm, and gently pull the elbow towards the head . We will do the same with the other elbow.
- Global Arm Stretch: This stretch involves interlocking the hands while the arms remain stretched. We will take them up first, then towards the front, and finally, we will clasp our hands behind our backs and stretch.
These are some of the stretches that we can do to enhance weight loss after a workout or, simply, walking. Stretching should always be a complement; never an absolute and unique way to exercise .
Do you always stretch? Do you do it before or after exercise? Stretching is always very important for our muscles, since this prevents them from stiffening or that we suffer cramps.